Thursday, July 18, 2013

Hello: Digital Hybrid CASE Study!

Hello: Digital Hybrid CASE Study!

Such an Inspiring Card
 - Check it out!
(See Jocelyn Olson's blog at RED Balloon Cards)
Below is the wonderful Inspiration Card for this week's CASE Study!
 
My INSPIRATION:
 
Flubidoo's card HERE!
 
I am a BIG fan of Flubidoo,
she gets wild and crazy Good inspritions and makes Phenom cards I have never seen before.
Go tell her she is awesome for me!
 
 
I printed and then paper trimmed
digital paper on photo paper
I staggered and adhered the strips at an angle.  I then die cut hello leaving a dark grey in the die,
then I impressed the die on the panel ofer the printed paper.
 
HINT: if you are going to diecut printed photo paper, place an additional piece of paper over the
die and papers to separate from the plastic machine piece.
If you don't the plastic pulls some of the ink off as the various cuts in the plastic dig in.
On antoher project, it really is a cool effect that I will try at a later time,
however for this one, I wanted vibrant color strips!
 
 
Supplies:
PS(CS4)
A Pennington Digital Paper
Savvy hello die

Posting to: Case Study #150

3 comments:

Jen W. said...

This looks really cool and that's a useful tip about the photo paper. I love Flubidoo's cards too. She's amazing!

Maureen said...

what a cool effect with those stripes! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

flubidoo said...

Hi Kimberly,

I've just seen the beautiful words you say about my work on your site...thank you so much for all your positive thoughts!

You're so awesome, and your explorations into hybrid cards is so cool!

Thanks again,
F