Wednesday, August 7, 2013

CASE Study Challenge # 152 - You BRING Sunshine : Case Study

You BRING Sunshine : Case Study

Wowzers Card Fans! 
As you can see CONFETTI is still flying on my blog as I follow the
 CASE Study 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop Party!

Such great inspiration, and we have MORE to come with this month's MUSE!

I am so thrilled to be on the Case Study Challenge Blog as this month's Guest Designer!
Joining the ranks of some really incredibly talented people is such an honor for me!

And look what we have for you this week!

This Month's Wonderful Muse is:

Excited yet? 
You should be!
I just adore her creativity and organization savvy!
(check out her organizing post -  [here]  - right up my alley!)

I was inspired to ink up my PT Sunshine stamp set to have sunshiny sunrays.
With this summer's fair weather,
I am diggin' this inspiration!

On my take, I showcased Jennifer's rainbow theme within the center circle and accents.
 Tim Holtz Embossing Folder Compass, from the Texture Fades Compass and Airmail Stamps Set, creates another visual detail with added texture emphasizing the rays (see close up).
I added a really fun hand cut shaped tag, and there you go!

TIPS: #1 Try stamping and then adding an embossing folder for added component to emphasise a shape!
(another example of embossing over a large stamped image here [ here ] )
#2 Cut snippets of paper on angles and add to twine if you want to refresh the banner/tag look!

This card was so fun to CASE - Come play along in the FUN too!

Supplies:
PTI Sunshine Stamp Set
Ink: Memento Bahama Blue, Versamgic Red Magic, Gamma Green, 
Brilliance Sunflower Yellow
2 inch Circle punch
Doodlebug Enamel Dots
WeRMemory Keepers Sew Easy Floss
Tim Holz Distress Folder

Close up: The Tim Holtz Folder mimics Sunrays!


Want to see how the other CASE Study design team members were inspired?
Here's the list of the other ladies' blog:
Our August Guestie:
Kimberly Wiener ---Me!!

                                                          
                                            Posted as GUEST Designer to: CASE Study #152

Thanks so much for coming by!
 NEXT week will be exciting as I continue to CASE
Jennifer McGuire!

5 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

You rocked the inspiration, Kimberly! Love the card :) Enjoy your month!!

Susan (rainy) said...

What a fun card.. so pretty with great textures!

The Crafty Laydee said...

Gorgeous card Kimberly-and what a fabby take on Jennifer Maguires card!
Congrats my friend-have a fabby month-look forward to seeing the rest of your cards :)
Have a great day,Nessa xx

Deepti said...

Kimberly this is so much fun :) I love the textures and layout of ur card, truly amazing. More amazing is the fact that you are a month long guest designer at case study and I am so happy to the fact that I'll see ur great creations every week :) congratulations, u truly are a great artist

Tracey McNeely said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to get to this--CONGRATS, I was so excited to see you as Guest Designer this month Kimberly. Well deserved and your card is fantastic!