Monday, February 4, 2013

Fun House Elephant Card

Well, I found a bargain pack of 12x12 paper that was on clearance and marked way down.
The colors are pastel and the look is vintage circus and the fair in one.
Ferris Wheel and acrobats.
 
When I was 19 I took my two youngest brothers to a circus. 
Dustin was 9 and Theron 8.
 A real "old time" travelling circus with the tents and elephants came to town and settled in a large field next to where an old brick school had gone long neglected but still stood.
I will never forget the look of wild eyed excitement on their faces.
The smell of popcorn and salty peanuts in the night air.  
 
Now one of the boys is grown and I am raising his son.  Every once in awhile when I take Conrad and his dad Dustin to a fun place like the zoo,
my brother Dustin will tell me he remembers that day too. 
The day of the circus.
 
 



 
Supplies:
Stamp: Misc (I think it is Studio G) Did someone say party ?
Inks: Memento Dew Drop Brialliance, Versal Mark Scarlet
Fun House Paper Pad 12x12
KI Memories Wild Life Collection Fire Tickets Paper Lace 12x12 Cardstock
 
Carol L said...

What a great memory-connected card! I just love that punched-out ticket!

Skye said...

What a darling vintage card. I like the images and the colours.
I love hearing the stories behind cards. I can tell yours is a treasured memory

Katja said...

Such a pretty card. Like the vintage style.
Katja xx

Unknown said...

great design! i love the layered ticket and color scheme!

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.