Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Dachshund Through the Snow!


Hello Mo Manning Fans!
When your last name is WIENER, 
sometimes your Christmas 
cards need to go there..
Am I right ?!?!!

Well I thought that's what you would say!

I ADORE this card!

A little story about this card. ...(see below)








Dachshund Christmas Card:
Supplies:
Memory Box:  Winter Flurry Frame Stencil
Mo Manning designed - Penny Black Delightful Dachshund
Avery Elle - Ellements Ray Die
Copic: Cream YR21, FleshR02, Moss YG67, Lipstick Red R29
Ranger Distress Inks: Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet, Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers

Making this Card: 
I inked some Bristol with Distress Ink Wilted Violet and Mermaid Lagoon on a stitched circle die cut.  Next I stencilled over with Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers.  I stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo Black and Scan N Cut them out.  I die cut the Avery Elle "Ray" Die and adhered to a cherry red card stock that was cut down to leave an inch strip that I used to white emboss the sentiment. I adhered the blended circle to the Ray die attached to a red layer on a White card stock card base.
The images were colored in copics starting with the dog in Cream, then Flesh.  The color in Lipstic Red.  Trees were partially colored in Moss and all images and the sentiment were affixed with double sided foam tape.  I added little "snow" dots with a white Gel Pen.


Penny Black - Christmas - First Snow Collection - Clear Photopolymer Stamps - Delighted Dachshund
Posting this card to the 
Mo's Digital Pencil

Challenge #286 - WINTER with a Mo Manning image!

Mo's Digital Pencil


Mo's Digital Pencil
 



If you like this illustration, 
you should check out Mo's other sites . . .
* Dream Team Blog HERE for daily inspiration
* Mo's Facebook Clubhouse HERE for contests, sneak peeks, & sharing
Mo's "Patreon" Page HERE

Today I visited my nutritionist, 
(after I had a thyroidectomy a few months ago, I have been recently diagnosed with both Hypotrhyroidism and Type2 Diabetes).  So after a few weeks, this was my second visit, and something told me I had to bring her a card.
One of these cards.  Well I gave it to her and after our review of my progress,  I said she HAD to open it..
I said I had to see her expression.
I said it was a play on my name.
Her reaction was unexpected.  She said 
"Oh my, I am going to cry, can I cry" she asked..
I siad, "Oh it was supposed to be a chuckle, you know, my last name is Wiener."
I remained still..not knowing where this was really going.
She said, you don't know, she said her face changed into huge open smile as her face got rosy red "I HAVE Doxies!  This is what I collect.. all I love."  She went on quickly about her two doxies and with tears welled up in the corners of her eyes, she hugged me.
...... and it was literally like seeing the Grinches heart grow three sizes right in front of me.  She strolled out into the hallway with me, walking me out and bouncing on Christmas Spirint and flicked with her fingertip a dangling paper ornament that had the word PEACE written in blue on it that was above the check out monitor where I needed to reschedule my next appointment.  Bubbling with smiles she told the coordinator when I need to be in and the best times, I felt like she was treating me like royalty.  She gave me another hug before I left and she literally floated on air as I left.  
This was the first time I really saw Christmas Spirit come across someone like that.  It really was a beautiful thing to see.


Here is my Puppy Oliver!

Our "Ollie boy"


======================================

Now my friends...it is YOUR turn to get crafty!

Thanks for coming by my blog!

Create, Enjoy
Live, Laugh
and 

LOVE!

=======================================

Pat said...

Oh Kimberly,
What a great story!! It had me tearing up too! You sure made a difference in that woman’s life!! Hope you get your health stuff sorted out soon. Until then, keep creating gorgeous little works of art like this one! You definitely showcased Mo’s artwork beautifully!! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing it here at Mo’s Challenge Blog!
Hugs,
Pat Frank

Grenouille Greetings said...

A fabulous inky creation (well several of them actually) and a lovely story too. It's so great that you made your health worker smile. These pretty cards made me smile too. Thank you for entering Mo's Digital Pencil challenge. We hope to see more of you this coming year. Hope it's a happy one! Hugs, Lesley

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.