Sunday, January 15, 2012

Journal Cards : My version of a "Week in the Life"

Last year we went to Grayland Beach with friends and it was really a great experience.  Three couples, three kids, staying in separate yurts along the coast.   

“I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.”- Mark Twain.

During the day we would all meet at one site and the cooking for the entire group was rotated so one couple cooked for all, though additions were made too. It really went off without a hitch. We were not rained out, we had great heating in the yurts at night, the facilities were close by, and the magnificent beach a stroll away.

I love how Ali Edwards journals her life. She gives you an unpretentious glimpse of how life unravels each day.  Based on Ali Edwards a "Week in the Life" I started 3 albums that will journal that weekend we spent at the ocean. My albums will be a "Weekend in the Life " versus the entire week.  One album will be a gift for Kerry and Rob McDaniel, another for the Whitehead family, and one for us.

I used a 3/8 inch Office Depot Clear Ring Binders, We R memory Keeper 8.5x11 9 pocket, and We R memory 8.5x11 full sheet pager protectors, and Ali Edwards week in the life Template pages.  I still have to add journal cards to go in and to clean up the pages and re-position them if I want.
I have the layout very similar to Ali's weekend pages, with a large full page followed by the compartment pages. I changed the cover sheet layout a little.  When I am closer to being finished, I will insert journal cards.

Here is what I have so far.

Album Cover #1
Titling
Pocket embellishments Foamie Alphas:
Rub ons:
Transparency cards:
Map bits:
Lots of journal cards:
Some cards I made, not all of these will be used for this album.






Page 1






Mini bottle of sand with a shell, and I stamped a starfish in silver and embossed.
BrittanyLane said...

Wow!!! You are so incredible. It looks completely professional. What a perfect way to remember a special vacation. I just love all your darling embellishments. I also love your quote by Mark Twain. So true! I'm assuming you decided you like the people you spent the vacation with. ;)

wienerhoneymooners said...

They are great! We already resered to camp in cabins at the ocean again this yeat in August, so it will be much warmer, and I know it will be fantastic.

Washington State has alot of parks at the ocean for day trips or camping, I LOVE the ocean!

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.