Tuesday, November 5, 2013

CASology CUE Card #69: BROWN!

CASology CUE Card #69: BROWN!

This week's CUE at CASology
is BROWN.

Could be a tricky one ehh?
I thought of using Kraft paper, or maybe the silhouette and maybe using a deer image...
Oh what to do.  
Brown. 
I really don't have brown cardstock.
Well that I would not have to hunt and hunt for.
So I scratch my head and think.....What about the current trend?
I have been seeing the use of woodgrain papers in projects, especially now for
fall and winter cards with wreaths and birch trees.

YES!!!!!

Easy for mailing, super clean and so very simple,
I think these would be great masculine-esque holiday cards!!!
YOUR Turn ...Think about it..... 
and show us your interpretation
I can't wait to see what you come up with!
(HERE)
Supplies:
Judikins White Opaque Embossing Powder
Crate Paper "Peppermint" 6x6 pad
PTI Sentiment Instant Photo: Holidays Stamp Set
Star Sequins




AND Another One too!
(these really do make me smile!)

Supplies:
Judikins White Opaque Embossing Powder
Stampin' Up! Clear Photopolymer Endless Wishes Set
Crate Paper "Peppermint" 6x6 pad

This week our WONDERFUL Sponsor is
Sponsor:  Cindy Coutts


Please visit the Wonderful Designers of CASology
The CAS Dream Team that brings you
the CUE's to 
LIFE 
each week!
Gillian Ross
Jen Wills
Judy Marino
Maureen Merritt
Meghan McMillan
Rosemary Dennis
Tracey McNeely
Kimberly Wiener- You are here!!!
This week's Wonderful
Guest Designer:  Bev


Thanks for stopping by!!


Ardyth said...

I admit that I never think of dp being CAS, but these are both perfectly CAS - I think it's the one big piece and the fairly neutral pattern that allow it to work so well!

Meghan said...

Wow! You are the queen of white embossing powder! I am but your humble subject [one who finds it so tedious to use!] Love both of these cards!

!neke said...

It is a beautiful card! Think brown is difficult, but it works!

Shannon J said...

No doubt about it - you are awesome! Brown would have me stumped too, but just look at what you have done with it! LOVE the wood grain, the embossing, and LOVE the card!!!

Shannon J said...

Ooops, I meant love the cardS!!

Julia Aston said...

the white embossing looks wonderful on the woodgrain paper!

Rosemary said...

fab take on the cue word, Kimberly... using woodgrain paper is absolutely perfect!

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

awesome card ! i love this sooo much~

Lorraine Marasigan said...

Love the brown and white! I think your first card is one of my all time favorites:)

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you overlapped your sentiment on your first card, and the snowflakes are gorgeous on your 2nd card! Both are so pretty with the woodgrain background...love your CAS style, Kimberly!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, Kimberly, the white embossing on woodgrain paper is perfect! I adore these cards!

Gillian R said...

Gorgeous embossing on the woodgrain. I love all your cards Kimberley, you never seem to run out of ideas

Lyndal said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! By the way, did you know that I LOVE THESE CARDS!!!!!!

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.