Tuesday, February 25, 2014

CASology CUE Card #84: Paint!


Welcome to CASology!

We are hoping that this week will truly inspire you 
and get the creativity flowing!
By now, you know I LOVE BOLD and am Crazy for Color!

For Paint, I wanted a little different approach
I am smitten with the fade out effect of inking.

I thought of Paint... One of my favorite movies of all time
is High Plains Drifter.  Clint Eastwood western classic
with a twist.  I won't spoil it for you,
I highly recommend it.

So Paint, washes, watercolor, I know,
"Paint the town Red!"

What does PAINT bring to mind for you?

We would LOVE to see what springs to mind
join us [HERE]


SPRAYPAINT INKING

I inked heavily only the top edges of the stamp and used my Tim Holtz
Inksentials distress ink daubers to lightly bring down the paint.
I hope you like this effect and will try it sometime!

Supplies:
Mama Elephant Central Park
Kelly Purkey Sentiment
Ink: Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy
Memento Tuxedo Black
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Dauber

Kelly Purkey: I Like You               Mama Elephant : Central Park
 Kelly Purkey - I Like You       



I also stamped one of my new flourishes sets and
used the watercolor Twinkling H2o's

WATERCOLOR
Supplies:
Flourishes Always Blooming
Twinkling H2o's 
Memento Tuxedo Black


If you want to use a larger stamp, and still keep it CAS, 
try stamping off the page.



I clear embossed the sentiment and some stars
Then washed over with Twinkling H2o's


WATERCOLOR WASH over EMBOSSING
Clear embossing with a watercolor wash has a dreamy effect!
Supplies:
Flourishes Just My Type Sentiments
(I am not sure if this is still available, the sets are going fast at Flourishes LLC.)
I used a post it to mask off only the sentiment I wanted to emboss.
Clear Embossing Powder
Twinkling H2o's 
Sequins





Okay, sometimes I get carried away... 
I loved the idea of a washed out large image...
Supplies:
AMuse, Mama Elephant
Memento Luxe Bahama Blue, Memento Tuxedo Black

AMuse Studio Wish you were here          Mama Elephant Wanderlust





I really hope that my cards and the cards of the Design Team 
this week, along with the wonderful Guest Designer 
have made a light go off 
and have you rushing to make a card!

Join us at CASology this week!


CASology SPECIAL Guest Designer 
This week is:  Hannelie

Stay warm 
and be with the 
Ones that 
you LOVE!
Keep Crafting
Friends
Irish Cherokee said...

You made it tough this time. Like them all. Nope! Can't decide.

Ardyth said...

Wow you've been busy! I just about died when I saw your paint the town red card - so clever on its own, but then you add that cool technique! You nailed this one, my friend!

Jasleen Kaur said...

WOW!! I love all your cards here but the spraypaint inking you did for CASology is mind-blowing. Seriously, this is such an inspiring post Kimberley.

Meghan said...

I'm with Ardyth....you nailed this one squarely on the head! Totally amazing!

Shannon J said...

I just love that you go full tilt on everything you do! Four cards - WOW! And every single one of them is fabulous! LOVE your spray paint technique and gah, your twinkling h2o water coloured flowers are just gorgeous!

May Park said...

Wow!!! Paint fade out effect is awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing for all the amazing creations along with new techniques to me.

Joyce said...

Holy cow--what a lot of paint-inspiration here today. Love them all, and your first card especially.

Tracey McNeely said...

Busy lady and fantastic cards Kimberly--all of them. You rocked the paint cue!

cm said...

You had me with your reference to Clint Eastwood; swoon! His westerns are. the. best.! From that point, things just got better: a showcase of awesome here! Every card is unique, fresh, and a stellar showcase of a new technique (for me, anyway), new product (twinkling H2Os - interest captured), new design. All of this adds up to spectacular visual delights and amazing inspiration! Love it when you go full tilt!! Hugs~c

Barb Ghig said...

I had to scroll up and down several times just to take in all the AMAZING designs you created, Kimberly! WOW! I don't even know where to begin, except to say that you NEVER cease to amaze me with your talent!

Thank you so much for inspiring me...I can't wait to tackle this cue card!

Michelle said...

You are on a roll! I love what you've been doing. That ombré, washed out ink effect is amazing! Beautiful!

Marlena M. said...

FANTASTIC cards~I am IN LOVE with your central park card.

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous cards! I especially love the first one -- what a wonderful take on the sketch!

Deepti said...

Kimberly :) u inspirer so very much, I loved all ur takes on paint !! Everyone is master piece

Anonymous said...

Kim, I love them all and thanks for the technique on the city scene card. Looks awesome. That AMUSE studio set has been one of my fav's for a long time-- the font, the USA-- you did a great job with it and the splatter. Congrats on the feature as well-- the feather card is just lovely! xo

donna mikasa said...

Love how you inked up the skyline--looks so cool! And I'm glad you joined us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Judy1223 said...

Seriously amazing cards, Kimberly...the goodness just kept on coming as I scrolled! I struggled with this cue...you obviously didn't! I love ALL your cards...just amazing!

Gillian R said...

Wow Kimberley, you have been busy and what stunning cards. Love the effect on your first card. Will need to try that sometime

Melissa said...

Kimberly, you never cease to amaze me with how many cards you manage to come up with in such a short amount of time! You really think fast on your feet!!! :)
That skyline card keeps bringing me back to look at it again and again!!! It is such a stunner!!! Love all the other cards you've come up with for the challenge! Way to go!!! :)

Lynn said...

Kimberly, your cards are all amazing. love, love, love them. I'm casing the first one on my blog today. I hope you don't mind!

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.