Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Runway Challenge -You and Me

Runway Challenge -You and Me


Ahhhhh YES!  The FREEDOM of the Runway!
Be inspired, RUN with IT!

I watched Project Runway under the GUNN tonight, 
I watch it on Netflix, so I have no idea what night
it really airs... And I will say it was kinda cool.
They designed and were inspired by the movie POMPEII.

Little known fact: Kimberly has climbed Mt Vesuvius and visited Pompeii
Another little known fact: I believe that Italy is an adventure 
that heals your very soul.

Wow, where was I? 
 It was like I started daydreaming of wining the LOTTO or
something...........
Tell me next time when I drift off like that!

What I LOVE about the Runway Challenge, is I really just express myself
and don't really think about it as a challenge, just an expression.
A freedom to use whatever strikes my fancy really, and let the colors just lead me to the results.

Kind of a Tribal feel dontcha think?



Aileen said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours on the arrow.

Irish Cherokee said...

I too have climbed Mount Vesuvius. Feathers are a reminder I have Cherokee blood. Love your creation.

Ardyth said...

Um. Winner. Right here. Love this take on the RIC photo!

!neke said...

Great card ! I love the bright colors !

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...love it! Fabulous use of feathers.

Michelle said...

I've said this a million times, "This is my all-time favorite!" and then you go and create another new masterpiece and I say, "This is my all-time favorite!" lol

Did you use an embossing folder to create that background? It's divine! And oh-my-god I love that feather!
Beautiful!

Shannon J said...

You climbed Mount Vesuvius?!! Kay, that is SO cool! So is your card...love that tribal look! And love that you can just go in that direction, without even thinking about it (I'm a bit jealous ;) !!!). <3

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous Kim!

Deepti said...

This is super gorgeous n u nailed it!

Unknown said...

I love the feather and love the textured background..this card is it!

Flubidoo said...

Kimberley, you've done it again - this is an awesome post and an awesome card! Thanks for sharing with us on the Runway ;-)

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! LOVE how the challenge inspired you!! Such a FUN look and I LOVE the way it turned out!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

cm said...

A poet, an adventurer, a creator, an individual who embraces her expression of self; you are an inspiration of so many things, Kimberly, beyond the realm of making cards (although you're such a shining star here!). That you've climbed Mt. Vesuvius, visited Pompeii and believe Italy heals souls is more evidence of your worldliness. Your interpretation of the RI dress: simply stunning. Tribal, striking, real...LOVE this! Hugs~c

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I've been watching Under the Gunn too :) hehe. I love the gorgeous feather on your card...definitely "tribal" to me too! Thank you for joining us on the Runway!

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.