Tuesday, June 24, 2014

CASology - #101: Wood!


Hello CASology FANS!
I am posting from the sunny Oregon Ocean Shores!
We have been here since Thursday and met a few friends
for a long weekend. 
We then headed farther north
to what I am considering a VERY Awesome Condo!
Found here, We LOVED it....
I searched for weeks for something on the Washington or Oregon Coast, so I throw this out for others...


There were absolutely a lot of AMAZING entries last challenge, 
Keep them coming!!!
For this cue for WOOD,  
I wanted to highlight the trend of adding wood
veneer stars or hearts on cards.  
I actually found some very lovely wood bird silhouettes
that I had to use on a card!!

I hope that you will find the WOOD cue fun, 
put your own spin on it, or take direction from
one of the DT cards posted at CASology!

Whatever you choose, have FUN!


Check out the Wonderful
Sponsor:  Add a Little Dazzle






Guest Designers are welcomed winners from previous challenges
 -so YOU have this chance to, so Play along!

And leave some loving for the team too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly Wiener- You are here!!!


Thanks for coming by my blog!

----------------

Create, Enjoy
Live, Laugh
and 
LOVE!



-----------------
Irish Cherokee said...

Excellent Kimberly! Just love your CAS cards when you do them. Simplicity, which I am devoid of, Speaks volumes in ways no other type of card can. Bravo.

Ardyth said...

So clever to emboss the background! Love this - it reminds me of Fiji for some reason (I've never been there, only seen photos, lol!)

Anonymous said...

Such elegant card Kimberly! Love that veneer solitary bird.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

gorgeous! I hope you are enjoying your trip!!!!

May Park said...

Beautiful and elegant CAS card, Kimberly! Love you added no sentiment here. Have fun with your family!!!
ps. please off the internet! :)

Jacquie Southas said...

The wood veneer is perfectly placed on the embossed background. This card has a lovely, serene feeling coming off it!

Meghan said...

Your debossing is fabulous! Love the lone bird, too! So CAS!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, how beautiful, Kimberly! I love your embossed background and your wood veneer bird perched on the branch is just gorgeous! What a perfect CAS card this is!

Barb Ghig said...

I also meant to say thanks for sharing the photos with us...this resort looks absolutely fabulous! Have FUN!!!

Deepti said...

This is such a beauty Kimberly, I love how beautifully the embossing on card base tied with the wood veneer :)

Jeanne J. said...

OOOH.. saw this at CASology and had to zoom in... who made this one? So cool! So happy to see it was yours Kimberly - you took my breath away! Wonderful!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Kimberley ... that wood veneer bird against the lovely white embossing is just fabulous! Anita :)

Sherrie M. said...

Simply perfect Kimberley! The embossed background is the perfect CAS touch for your little wooden bird.

Michelle said...

Oh my! The wood bird is incredible on the embossed background. I love this so much!! It's contemporary, but it has this retro vibe that I find thrilling. I really, really love this!

Monika Reeck said...

you know what Kimberly...I ADORE Your cleverness at this card..its the bird from Wood woooowwww..clever and really simple looooveee this...I wish I have a bird from Wood too and I can put on my card LOL...but I have only Woodgrain stamp also would be happy if you visiting me and see what I did my dear sweet friend...wishing you have a great weekend...biig hugs...Monika

Judy1223 said...

Kimberly, this is absolutely gorgeous! I do love dry embossed backgrounds, and this is PERFECT!

cm said...

Eye-catching and brilliant card, Kimberly! The wooden bird is darling, and paired with the branches ef: perfection! Your vacation rental sounds awesome! We discovered some of the best places through VRBO, especially in Bend OR. I. love. Bend!! Hugs~c

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.