Monday, June 30, 2014

THE CHALLENGE #10..and a Tip!

THE CHALLENGE #10...And a Tip

WOW! 
LOVE all of the cards 
that linked up!

It's time again for The Challenge!

This time round you have a Wonderful choice of
either a sketch, or a color choice!
or Both... I did both for fun.
Though I am really loving what Jeanne and 
Lori have done with ribbon, I may have to join in again!

Check out what they have done here:

Lesley Croghan  - Always Playing with Paper
Lori Tecler of Inking Aloud 
 - Jeanne Jachna of A Kept Life -


I hope that you are INSPIRED too!

I sponge over the embossed script with pink ink and purposefully
streaking it and darkening the edges for a waterbrushed effect
Supplies:
WeR memory Keepers Embossing Folders Butterfly and Script
Savvy Stamp Dies Flower Blossom Set 3
Craft Cardstock, Neenah White Cardstock
Copics: YG13 Chartreuse, R08 Vermilion, R43 Bouganvilla
Stampin Up Perfectly Pink
Studio G Sentiment
Memento LUXE Noir
Kromekote Post Cards*




Kimberly's Tip:
*How do I get such a smooth stencil or sponged finish? 
I use a special paper I buy in packs of 100
Judikins Kromekote Post Cards 4.25 x 5.5
I buy it at a local Art Supply store for $9.95 for 100pk.
I ADORE it and think it is worth it!
The paper pack is precut the size of a standard card front and one side is glossy 
the other plain.  The Plain side is perfect for stencil sponging.

Here is a side by side comparison of using Neenah Solar White on the left.
It will ink up well, however it really grabs and sticks the ink.
The Kromekote on the right however, it swishes it more with more give, and has a much smoother finish.
So if you are having trouble sponging and getting a smooth finish, 
just a suggestion, (I don't want to enable you guys trying to be budget conscious)
however if you really want to experiment, this will make you smile and
start stenciling and sponging with wild abandon.

Sponging using small circling motion with sponge wedge.

And if you emboss the glossy side, it looks like plastic, it is pretty cool, 
Here is a snippet where I used in on my last "The Challenge" card
The branches and the woodgrain have the ultra glossy smooth finish, the
Kromekote paper is awesome for high gloss looks.
I LOVE the look of it!
Example using both sides of the Kromekote for stenciling and gloss emboss!
Not a secret now, ENJOY!

I could not find this quickly online, however, here is a smaller batch of the same thing
Link here to: Sir Stamps Alot (UK)


If you have tips for me, love to hear them too!!!
----- *------

The Challenge is a Sketch Card Challenge 
that is hosted biweekly by
Lesley Croghan on her Blog
Always Playing with Paper
I truly hope that you will be inspired and 
will join us!

-----------------
Thanks for coming by my blog!

Create, Enjoy
Live, Laugh
and 
LOVE!

-----------------
~amy~ said...

LOVELY card...there are those fabulous dies:)
swishes...love that:)

Rahmat said...

Lovely card! and a very useful tip.Thanks Kimberly!

Leslie Germain said...

Just lovely! Colors are gorgeous!!!

Deepti said...

Beautiful card, I love the balance of colors and the gorgeous inking on the embossed BG, great tip !

I Card Everyone said...

First off, LOVE your card and perfect use of colors in the challenge. Second - I'm going to be searching for that embossing folder NOW!! Thirdly, thanks so much for the tip... I've struggled with the whole blending thing on my Neenah and finally gave up - now I know why!! You're the best for sharing =]
Michele

Lesley said...

SO pretty and fresh!!! Loved your tip and the embossing on your card is awesome!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!! :)

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty card...and thanks for the tip...I can definitely see what a nice difference it makes using the paper you recommended.

Irish Cherokee said...

Perfect Spring/Summer card. Loving it Kimberly.

Lori said...

Just beautiful! Love the look of the sponging over the embossing.

Kim Heggins said...

Very pretty card Kimberly! I love all the texture and gorgeous colors.

SD pooja said...

WOw ! Beautiful cards !

Dee Miranda said...

The embossing in this card is wonderful! Great card!

cm said...

First, a lovely card! The die cuts and the colour combination, infused with your flair and style, are delectable! As for the paper tip: awesome! I'll see if I can find these somewhere in Alberta (shipping from anywhere else...too costly!) I'm ready to sponge and stencil with wild abandon, indeed! Hugs~c

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.