Tuesday, August 20, 2013

CASology CUE Card #58: PAPER!

CASology CUE Card #58: PAPER!


This past weekend was great! 
I ferried my mom and Conrad over to the other side of the "Sound"
for the Annual Chief Seattle Days Celebration.
This is the Suquamish Tribe annual dancing and ceremonies for the next royalty.

My grandmother raised her children in Suquamish and married into the culture.
Off an on growing up I was there as well.
Most of my mother's brothers and sisters married Native Americans.

Every year we trek over and we visit family.
See some dancing, visit the beach, have the Salmon Bake Meal,
 listen to the drums
and envision a more peaceful existence and harmony.

Well, onto my card  (smiles).

So when I thought of  the CUE: PAPER, 
This weekend came quickly to mind.  
Breakfast with my dad and the Sunday paper, 
And dogs. 
Dogs are EVERYWHERE
My Sister has a lovely Border Collie, my dad has Mastiff's, 
My Auntie Leona we visit has a Labroadoodle (I think)
Aunt Marilyn has a German Shepard and a Retriever, 
Dustin's house has a Pug, and Mom's longtime friend has a Golden Lab.
We do not have a dog.
The question always come up on the way home, 
'When can we have a dog."
Conrad sneezes and wipe his nose all the way home.
He is allergic however being 11, 
he does not care, he wants a DOG!
(I want one too, my heart is set on a little West Highland Terrier!!!)
SOMEDAY!


Lawn Fawn: Critters in the Dog Park
Tim Holtz Vision Artistry for the News Paper!
 
And a wonderful new sponsor joining us this week!
C.C. Designs has been in business since 2007 and started out of our garage. Now we have our own line of rubber stamps and dies. We create cuties galore! If you like cute, you will love C.C. Designs!




Gillian R said...

Such a cute card Kimberley, sounds like a fun and interesting weekend.

Meghan said...

Your rolled up paper is perfect for this dog! Love your colouring! Sounds like a weekend packed with fun and family!

Ardyth said...

Love this take on the cue card! It's got a cool, retro feel! Glad you had a great time on the weekend!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Jen W. has left a new comment on your post "CASology CUE Card #58: PAPER!":

This is genius!!! Such a clever take on the cue word and I love how you inked and coloured it. It looks like a storybook illustration. :)

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I just LOVE your take on this week's cue card, Kimberly! Such a sweet pup...doing what they do best!

It was so nice to read a little about your family history, too!

Rosemary said...

your card just makes me smile, Kimberly!! perfect take on the cue word.

Michelle said...

You amaze me. I love your coloring! That doggie is so sweet. And the paper was brilliant. Such a cute addition. Totally adorable.

We don't have a dog either. Never have. BUT as soon as my kids moved out, they ALL got dogs. So now I have grand-doggies. lol! At Christmas time when they're all here at once we have 2 Boston terriers, a Beagle and an Australian Shepard here. It's chaos!

Linda said...

I wanna borrow this stamp!!!!

Deepti said...

This is such a fun take on the paper, love it and I am sure u will soon have ur Terrier :)

Catherine Pooler said...

Oh, my goodness! I'm squealing over here! How stinkin' clever - LOVE IT!

Tracey McNeely said...

Of course what dog doesn't love a newspaper, sadly mine has a squeaky newspaper and he is afraid of it! Excellent card Kimberly.

Michelle said...

How cute and creative!!! Great take on the cue word at CAS-ology!

Judy1223 said...

Aw, I love that dog with the paper! Totally adorable! In a house full of asthmatics (myself included), having a dog is unlikely for us...I can understand your son's wish!

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.