Friday, August 2, 2013

What's Happening?

What's Happening?

I'll be honest, not happy with trying to do pastels tonight.
But trying is bettering,
 so I will keep at it!
NEVER stop trying, and don't be afraid to post your lesser moments. 
 You will be able to look back see your growth that way!
 
This isn't BOLD enough for my taste, I need MORE vibrant watermelony orangey pink!
I will have to take another running stab at it!
 
Thanks for looking!
 

 
 

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is awesome, girl!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Curtain Call!!

Ardyth said...

May not have been what you intended, but it is very pretty!

Cris G. said...

As far as can see your card is beautiful! And you are so right in your words!
"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."
Theodore Roosevelt

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I LOVE this card-- esp. those butterflies in the background! I love the soft colors-- I can't wait to see what the "bold" version will look like! LOVE <3

ps... thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog while I was away! You made my day-- thanks for the smiles and hugs <3

Anonymous said...

Well Kimberly,I think its a good card-great layout.When you are used to working in brighter more vibrant colours as you do it will seem strange to see softer more muted shades on your layout-doesn't mean it isnt a lovely card though :)And you are so right- we should be brave and post the ones we don't like as much(i'll just go get some out of the bin now LOL!)as that's how we impove our cardmaking techniques.
Nessa xxx

Tracey McNeely said...

Geeze how do you do it Kimberly, this is so you! Love it. Thank you for joining us at the Curtain Call for the Watermelon Wonder challenge.

Shannon J said...

I think this is really cool! The layout is awesome and all the little touches are fab!

Michelle said...

Great card Kimberly! I know that you said that you're not into the pastels right now, but I like it! It's fresh and fun.

Stacey Schafer said...

what a soft and fresh take on the Watermelon Wonder challenge! reminds me of a collage of old postage stamps with a bit of a victorian feel! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call...cant' wait to see your bold and bright take on it next:)

Cathy Weber said...

You are too hard on yourself...I think these colors are perfect for the watermelon wonder challenge. The colors are nearly identical to the photo image. Very nice card.

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.